3.17.2008

A Taste of Italy

Good grief. I didn't realize it had been close to a month since I've posted anything, and I didn't even remind you that our trip to Italy was getting closer. I had a few phone calls on the day of our trip and everyone said, "Oh! You're leaving today?"

So here we are. It's been interesting already. We were dropped off at the airport in Indianapolis and as soon as I got to the ticket desk I got the third degree about my legal name. Many of you probably remember my anticipating this issue back in November. So I had to have completely new tickets issued from the airport. Luckily the lady at the desk was willing to work nicely with us. She even tried to call Italy to let them know of the change, but they were closed, so she warned us that we might have a little trouble along the way. I just had visions of missing planes while trying to make them understand my situation. But I made it. Not without telling my story, but I'm here all the same.

The travel was also interesting in that our flight to London was in the middle of the night. We left our house on Saturday afternoon and didn't have a good opportunity to take my shoes and socks off again until about seven on Sunday night, which was almost midnight here. It was really nice to get showered and change clothes.

So far we've eaten at a cool Italian restaurant, toured the local "centro" (what reminds me of a downtown square), had breakfast at a local bakery (macchiato is NOT the same here as at Starbucks), shopped at the weekly market, and we just finished a delicious meal of Eggplant Parmesan that was lovingly prepared by my brother-in-law. We're having a good time. I'll try to update again sometime soon. We're taking a train to Venice in the morning, so I should have more photos to share, but I'll show you the few I've got so far.


Dinner on Sunday night, still in the same clothes as I got dressed in on Saturday and not having lain down since Friday night. We're looking a little rough.





Some cool scenery


Monday Market


A hunky Italian I noticed on the street--check out the pants and cool hat

5 comments:

Terri said...

His outfit kills me :)

Carla said...

I am glad that you made the trip okay and look forward to hearing about the resst of the trip and seeing the pictures. Have fun and love the outfit!

Valerie said...

Can't wait to hear more about your Italian Adventures. Praying for a safe trip and return home!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

How nice! I bet Italy is a lovely place to visit and sight-see. Keep us posted on all your adventures and tasty meals.

About Me said...

I'm so excited for you and looking forward to seeing more pictures. And, you look pretty good for having been traveling for that long!