7.13.2009

I'm doing this to myself again?

Maybe it's because I kind of liked seeing pictures of myself in the same position almost exactly three years later, or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment and low self-esteem, or maybe this time I'm thinking that I'm not going to look as rough in this current picture as I did in the last one, but I'm posting a "pregnant now" picture vs. a "pregnant then" picture again. Let's see if I feel any better about myself this time...

This is me today.

This was me on June 15, 2006, with a sweet Cole in my belly. (Maybe about 29 wks?) Right now I'm 31 weeks, somewhere between the above...

and this one on July 15, 2006. (About 33 weeks?)

So I don't look quite as tired today at 2:30 in the afternoon as I did at about 10 p.m. in the last picture I had Gilbert take. I do think I look a little more like a mom in today's picture. Hmmm. As much as I risk lowering my self-esteem by comparing this pregnancy to the last one (including weight gain by the dr. visit!), I do kind of like doing it. Am I nuts or what?

4 comments:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

We women sure do struggle with our self esteem pregnant or not. We're certainly always harder on ourselves. I think you are AMAZING LOOKING!!!

Michelle said...

Kate you look wonderful and there is nothing to be critical of...I know you and Gilbert are excitedly awaiting for this little one to arrive..thanks for sharing the beautiful progression of your growing little one.

Jeanne said...

I think you are absolutely glowing!!! Nothing to be ashamed of in those pictures, pretty woman!

Melissa said...

Pregnant or not, I think you are one of the prettiest people I know. Glowing~is a great word for you. Oh, your picture makes me want to be pregnant again right now. OK~that thought is gone now. Talk to you soon. Love you!