10.13.2007

Finally, a Blog!

Okay, so everyone and her mom has a blog, right? I was starting to feel that anyone who is a good young mother has entered into the world of blogging as a means of bragging about her children. I, however, have fought this idea for as long as I could. I wanted to prove (perhaps only to myself) that I can be a good, proud mother without posting a single blog. The truth is, I have tried so hard to avoid the blogging world that I rarely view my closest friends' blogs, as precious as their children may be. But despite my best attempts, the blogging bug has bitten, and I've joined other moms in an attempt to share my child with the world (or at least with the people who love him.)
My rationale is this: we're moving away from all that is familiar to us. Farther away from family, farther away from the friends that we know so well, and all those who love us are requesting us to keep in touch. There is only one logical solution... You know the one I'm talking about... I must blog. So, over time, my goal is to use this as a way of helping you to watch my sweet boy grow. I am as heartbroken as some of you may be that you won't get to witness this in person. This, as far as I can tell, is the next best thing.
Sharing my boy with you, however, is not my only agenda. I plan to use my blog as a way to invite you into other adventures that I encounter through being a wife, a teacher, and a Christian lady. I hope that it will be interesting, insightful, and amusing for all of us.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay! I found your blog. I'm happy that you will now be in the blogging world with all of us. Can't wait to see pics!!

About Me said...

I'm glad you have a blog. It will be a great way to keep in touch. And, it makes me sad to think that I won't get to witness Cole growing up first-hand. Post lots of pictures!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Blogs are a fun way to journal. I think you'll enjoy this world =). We will miss you all MUCH!