10.17.2007

Making an Effort to Pack

Yuck. It's 8:30 on Wednesday night, and I have a big U-Haul trailer sitting in my driveway, calling me to load it. No, we're not moving yet, but Gilbert's making a trip up to Lafayette tomorrow and he's taking some things with him. Problem is, I have yet to find motivation to box things up at home #1. One thing I do remember about moving is that it is wise to box things up if you want to move them from point A to point B. Herein lies my problem.

Another problem is that home #1 (by this I mean my house here in BG) is about 200 degrees, and on top of that, I feel that I'm suffering from P.M.S. Or maybe I'm going through early menopause and I'm just having hot flashes. Either way, I'm extremely grumpy. I've been this way for the past three days and my poor husband may want to leave me here when he and Cole move. Maybe by then I'll be a little more sane. You are welcome to say a prayer that this will actually happen. The sanity I mean, not that my husband and child will leave without me.

By the way, exactly 2 weeks from today my career at my really great school will be finished. I have mixed emotions about this. More on this topic later, though. I must go help my husband load this crazy trailer...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Girlie! I can't believe I didn't know about this blog. I think packing is horrible; although I've never packed to move far away. Just the thought of packing for more than a week makes me sick and I don't blame you one bit for not having any motivation. Maybe that's a sign that you are suppose to stay HERE and not move to INDIANA. :) Let me know if you need any help and I'm there babe!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Give me a call, there's is nothing I love more than organizing, sorting, packing--my tetris skills at work. Hope that U-Haul doesn't break down--I've heard about your bum raps with cars lately.